So I spent the weekend doing laundry and washing dishes. I didn't get finished with either, but it is in reach. I don't have a dishwasher. I think that is going to be one of the first things I spend money on in the fall after the extra income from teaching GED and after school tutoring kicks in.

Counting the positives:
1) The dogs will be staying with friends this weekend while I go to my daughter's wedding.
2) The cat has gained back a pound.
3) I have most of my classroom finished for moving.
4) The Lexapro is starting to work. I am feeling better-not where I should be, but better.
5) I have plans made for tomorrow for doing yard work in the morning, shoe shopping at lunch time, and housework in the afternoon.
6) I successfully negotiated a bill reduction on my oldest daughter's cellphone! Over $450 in data transfer charges have been run up! I was outraged. She says she doesn't use it and it must be a mistake. The odd thing is that they are all uploads at night while she is working. The AT&T customer service lady was very helpful and polite. Hurray for AT&T!

NEGATIVES: I have not heard back from DELL. I apparently have entered DELL/HELL with my new laptop computer. It came not working and they won't take it back. I am really unhappy about this. For $1000 I should have a working laptop. I feel that DELL has become a fraudulent company. I have sent emails and contacted customer escalation. They were supposed to reply within 1 business day. Guess what! No reply. Their customer service is now based in India, answered by people who barely speak English, and can only spout the DELL party line. There is not any real help. How such a large corporation expects to survive with this type of disservice is beyond me. No wonder my school district is switching to HP.

TOMORROW- Yardwork and housework: grass mowed and trimmed; potted plants moved for easier watering while I'm gone, kitchen cleaned and laundry finished. Ambitious! We'll see what I get done.

No comments: