Thanksgiving is Coming

I'm wondering how I'll handle it this year. Except for a time when I cut off all contact with her, or when I went to New York with my ex-husband and the kids, we've always had Thanksgiving dinner together. My daughter and grandchildren are living over there, so it is necessary to go there occasionally when she's there. Libby is planning on cooking the turkey this year, and I'll help with the rest. I just wonder how I'm going to react to the little nasty remarks and looks.


I really felt so great yesterday while writing and researching. This morning I woke up feeling like a great burden had been lifted off me. Finding these websites and information, reading about others who are struggling also with the effects of a traumatized child- and adulthood, was very validating. Now I have to figure out how to manage my future contacts, and how to change my life, including my perceptions about myself. Thank god for my therapist. Thank god for being able to write. Thank god.

No comments: