Doctor's Orders

I've been seeing a therapist since the end of June. It ties in with the major episode of depression I went through last winter and spring. He has been very good for me. I've talked through a lot of school issues. Now I'm working (yet again!) on the "Mother" issue.
She cripples my life. The pain and anger are very crippling and actual limit me in many ways. My eating issues and depression come from unresolved anger of the abuse she has and still inflicts. I don't seem to be able to barrier myself from it. Setting limits does not work. She doesn't accept any and the only ones I can set for myself are those of distance. Not going over there helps, but she is still a malignant presence in my life. I will be glad and relieved when she is dead. It will be like having an abscessed tooth pulled out. And it is ridiculous that at 57 years old I am letting this bitter, mean, crazy old woman still command my life.
I really do hate her. And I just felt a release of pressure by writing that.
Time to go away and think.

No comments: